Source: Resumen Latinoamericano / The Dawn News / October 10, 2017
With a final declaration which advocates for the conformation of a wide Network of Anti Imperialist Communicators and the creation of the “Ernesto ‘Che’ Guevara” Formation School, the 2nd Meeting of Anti Imperialist Communicators ended on Sunday in Vallegrande, Bolivia, which gathered more than 200 representatives of alternative, counter information and community media of the continent, Europe and the USA. The final text was delivered to the Communications minister, Gisela López, who weighed up the proposal and the realized work in the three months of intense deliberation.
The event took place in the facilities of the Integral Faculty of the Santa Cruz Valleys of the ‘Gabriel René Moreno’ Autonomous University and counted with the participation of speakers from Bolivia, Venezuela, Brazil, Cuba and Argentina.
After the three day debate, one of the conclusions was to create “a great network of anti imperialist communicators to face the lies, distortions and omissions of the big hegemonic media that siege and complicate the life of many of our countries and progressive governments with a campaign of media terrorism”, as it was reported by Argentinian journalist Carlos Aznárez through Bolivia TV.
“All of the communicators here debated about the existing problems on our countries, like censorship, repression, threats, but also the construction of an anti-patriarchal language for our media outlets”, he added.
FINAL DECLARATION OF THE 2ND MEETING OF ANTI IMPERIALIST COMMUNICATORS
We, the communicators that attended the Second Latin American Meeting of Anti Imperialist Communicators in Vallegrande on October 6, 7, and 8, 2017, PROPOSE to maintain the anti imperialistic validity and thought of Commander Che Guevara, who boosted revolutionary communication through committing his unfailing struggle against the misinformation and manipulation carried on by the imperial forces on Latin America and the Caribbean under the excuse of guaranteeing global peace.
We, the communicators of 12 countries of the region, Europe and USA, DECLARE our commitment to support the self determination of all the Latin American and Caribbean peoples; in particularly of those brother peoples that are victims of an abusive and criminal foreign interference, as it is the case of the Venezuelan, Bolivian, Ecuadorian and Nicaraguan people.
We, the communicators, militantly commit to SUPPORT the change process that the Bolivian people is living with the leadership of the brother president Evo Morales Ayma, to contribute in the construction of the Great Motherland through the dissemination of truthful information, and to work in the frame of alternative-communal communication in order to strengthen a anti imperialist, anti colonialist, anti capitalist and anti patriarchal communicational bloc to face the hegemonic media of the capital and the empire.
We, the communicators, DENOUNCE to the world the imperialist onslaught that rightist governments are covering, with the objective to satanize the native-indigenous farming people; peoples in resistance, like the Mapuche nation who is only defending its land and natural resources.
We the communicators REPUDIATE the aggravated violence against the Colombian and Palestinian people, and against the Catalan and Basque people in Europe, and we express our solidarity to all the peoples that are in the struggle for the anti imperialist liberation.
We, the communicators, CONDEMN the persecution, violence and murder of journalist and correspondents as well as the destruction and looting of alternative, communitary and popular media. We demand that crimes against journalists don’t remain in a state of impunity.
While being close to the international day of the No Impunity for Crimes against Journalists, a date instituted by the UN, we demand a stop on the killings of journalists in the globe.
We, the communicators, ENCOURAGE all the progressive governments of Latin America to invigorate alternative and community press, ally of the anti imperialist struggle, while assuming the compromise of strengthening our media and thrusting new alternative media initiatives.
Thus, the communicators SOLVED to apply the next actions steps in order to consolidate the struggle against the imperial onslaught:
- The creation of the LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ANTI IMPERIALIST SCHOOL OF COMMUNICATION “ERNESTO CHE GUEVARA”.
- The implementation of VIRTUAL WORKSHOPS OF ALTERNATIVE COMMUNICATION “JUAN PABLO CHANG”.
- The strengthening of the “Southern Communicational Community” through inter institutional alliances with international organism like the UNASUR, CELAC, ALBA, FELAP and others.
- The articulation of the NETWORK OF LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ANTI IMPERIALIST COMMUNICATORS (RedCAL) through existing networks like SOUTHERN COMMUNICATIONAL COMMUNITY (BOLIVIA), NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL COUNCIL OF POPULAR COMMUNICATION “SUPREME COMMANDER” (VENEZUELA), SOUTH CONTACT (URUGUAY), RESUMEN LATINOAMERICANO (ARGENTINA), SINGLE UNION OF JOURNALISM AND SOCIAL COMMUNICATION WORKERS OF PERU, VICE PRESIDENCY OF COMMUNICATION OF THE SOCIALIST VENEZUELAN PARTY, LATIN AMERICAN FEDERATION OF JOURNALISTS (FELAP) and THE NETWORK ASSOCIATION OF COMMUNITY RADIOS OF BOLIVIA (RRCB).
- The creation of the Agitation, Propaganda and Communication Brigadiers (APC international) to offer truthful and timely information, in real time, on Venezuela and other Peoples of the World, as guarantors of democratic process to guarantee peace before the censorship imposed to Venezuela and other nations through war propaganda. With the finality to project the Latin American Revolutionary process as a legitimate alternative of democratic participation for the peoples.
- To launch mechanisms that favour the creation of public policies to respect a free and alternative communication in democratic normative frames.
Vallegrande. October 8, 2017