Email marketing is an almost mandatory marketing strategy nowadays. It’s not enough to have a website or an Instagram profile, you need to take action and often communicate with potential customers so that they have your brand on top of their heads and decide to buy your products sooner rather than later. The good news is that you can start with a free account, and today we will see how.
Email marketing software is an invaluable resource that we have at our disposal to maintain an effective contact with people who have decided to be part of the subscribers of a particular brand. Thanks to them, you can send mass mailings and campaigns with different purposes that even group the bulk of users by certain defining characteristics.
The most important email marketing platforms on the market have a free starter account that allows you to familiarize yourself with the platform, as well as to check the potential it has to increase sales. Thus, you can easily open a mailchimp free account, or do the same with Sendinblue or Mailrelay. Today we will see which of these three will be better according to your campaign objectives.
Mailrelay is, in the opinion of many, the best email marketing software currently available, and this assessment has much to do with the power offered in its free account. The main aspects are:
- It offers a very powerful growth advantage because it supports up to 20,000 contacts on the list and has a monthly sending limit of up to 80,000.
- It allows mailings to be sent using the brand’s domain, which offers a higher level of security and trust to the recipients. Furthermore, it also helps a lot in terms of branding.
- Not only that, but it asks users to become followers of the brand on social networks and, with that, they cover the advertising quota they need. This prevents your logo or branded links from appearing in emails sent by free users.
- The statistics on this platform are accessible and comprehensive. It is even possible to download them to facilitate comparison with other results and thus make more confident decisions.
- Technical support is absolute and can be managed through different channels, depending on the preferences of each user. These include: email, chat and telephone.
- It allows multiple users to be created for the same free account, making it easier for each person involved in the work to execute their roles seamlessly.
Mailchimp is another of the most popular platforms that performs very well. When creating a free account here, it is worth taking a look at its features, and we summarize them here:
- It has the capacity to send up to 10,000 emails per month and a maximum limit of 2,000 subscribers. It is useful to get started, but it slows down growth unless you pay for a higher performance account.
- It does not allow the use of the corporate domain, but assigns a generic one. This detracts from the brand value in the eyes of subscribers, so you have to be very careful if it is worth the risk.
- Include the brand logo within each email sent, which makes it very clear to recipients that a free account is being used. In addition, this could contain the link to the company’s website, which could detract the user’s attention from the brand’s own message.
- It provides a module to review the statistics of the sent campaigns, with which you can evaluate more or less the effectiveness of each action. However, this data is not as detailed as the one offered by other mass emailing options.
- Technical support is limited, as it is only available for 30 days after subscription. It should also be noted that they do not offer immediate response, but everything is handled by email.
- It is only possible to work the account with a single user who will have all the available functions enabled, so it will only be possible for one person in the company to carry out all the activities or for several people to use it but under the same user ID.
Finally, we have the people at Sendinblue which is an excellent platform depending on the conditions you have as a user. In summary, their free account features are:
- The first aspect of value with this software is that it does not have a limit of subscribers, as is the case with the previous two. The downside is that the daily sending limit is 300 emails, so if the list exceeds this amount, it will be necessary to send the same email every day until the number of subscribers you have is completed.
- Like Mailrelay, it allows the use of your own corporate domain.
- Include the logo on all mailings sent with your free account and, what’s more, with those subscribing to your cheapest package.
- Its statistics are very limited, not only in the free account but also in the most basic plan, so it will be very difficult to take action to correct flaws or enhance what has been liked by the customers.
- As with Mailchimp, support is by email only. They do have telephone support, but it is only available for Premium accounts.
- It also does not allow the free account to have multiple users, and is not even an option on the cheaper accounts.
With all this data, it is more than enough to make the decision that is most suitable for the marketing objectives you are pursuing. Especially when starting a business, it is advisable to take advantage of all available resources that do not require the payment of fees until income begins to flow steadily. Then, once you are more knowledgeable about email marketing campaigns, you can even consider upgrading your plan into once with additional features. After all, it is not worth it to pay for features you still do not know how to use or implement.